Girl Scouts San Diego Summer Day Camps provide girls an opportunity to enjoy all the fun of camp without spending the night. Each day camp features a program theme with specialized activities.
Teen Leadership Coordinators develop, implement and facilitate an age appropriate leadership development program and experience for Day Camp Aides and Counselors-in-Training. Day Camp Aides (DCAs) and Counselors-in-Training (CITs) are campers in grades 8-12 who support younger girls in partnership with adult staff.
- Develop, implement and facilitate a leadership program and activities for youth 12-17 years of age, in alignment with Girl Scouts’ policies and procedures, standards and compliance requirements.
- Create and implement activities in a variety of program areas including the teaching of leadership skills, team building, child development, camper behavior management, risk management, appreciation of the outdoors, camping skills, and Girl Scouts history.
- Support, evaluate and provide guidance and feedback to DCAs and CITs.
- Work closely with the Site Director in coordinating group activities & ongoing evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Serve as part of the camp administrative team to ensure camp program meets all objectives, is run safely and efficiently, and all policies and procedures are followed.
- Guide and assist with the teaching of activities to meet session goals aligned with session themes; actively participate in all program areas, as assigned.
- Provide supervision and oversight to campers, ensuring campers health and safety, and site cleanliness.
- Assist with pre-camp planning, preparation, meetings and training.
- Attend and facilitate staff and camper meetings.
- Serve as a role model exhibiting appropriate leadership behavior.