Girls Scouts San Diego welcomes girls every summer to Camp Winacka, for a summer of new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Winacka is a traditional rustic camp with spectacular views offering programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, platform tents with bunk beds or on cots under the stars.
The High Adventure Specialist develops and implementsfun adventure activities such as hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, fishing and bouldering, etc.,that engage, challenge and inspire campers.
This seasonal position begins June 14th and ends August 18, 2018. In addition to a daily salary, meals and lodging are provided.
- Develop and deliver a high adventure program that is skill and age appropriate for campers to enjoy the outdoors!
- Supervise and lead off camp adventure activities such as backpacking, canoeing, fishing, bouldering, rock climbing, etc,
- Work with other staff to facilitate high and low ropes challenge course activities.
- Ensure campers and staff know and follow safety policies and procedures during all adventure activities.
- Ensure all high adventure activities are developed and executed in compliance with ACCT, ACA, and Girl Scouts policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborate with the camp director to plan and prepare for off camp trips, including but not limited to applying for permits, reserving campsites, preparing paperwork and packing equipment.
- Conduct equipment safety inspections, maintain records of inspections, repair and check in/out, and inventory.
- Participate and assist with general camp activities and operations.
- Attend all staff and in-service trainings and meetings
- Transport campers and staff, as needed
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Join Girl Scouts San Diego if you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging summer adventure!