Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Winacka, located in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA, is a traditional rustic camp with spectacular views. The camp features a pool, miles of hiking trails, green buildings including a new environmental center and two lakes. Campers choose from programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, platform tents with bunk beds or on cots under the stars.
The Challenge Course Director will be responsible for planning and delivering a safe and engaging high/low ropes challenge course program for campers and staff, in compliance with all camp safety requirements.
This seasonal position begins June 14th and ends August 18, 2018. In addition to a daily salary, meals and lodging are provided.
- Develop and deliver a challenge course program that is appropriate for the age and abilities of campers, and provides skills progression.
- Supervise all challenge course activities, ensuring campers and staff are participating in a safe manner, and in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all challenge course activities comply with ACCT and ACA guidelines and Girl Scouts safety requirements, policies and procedures.
- Supervise challenge course staff, coordinate belay training, skills refreshers and enrichment training, and periodic observation to ensure compliance with all safety and Girl Scouts policies.
- Conduct safety and equipment inspections, monitor equipment inventory and supplies.
- Participate and assist with general camp activities and operations.
- Attend all staff and in-service trainings and meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Join Girl Scouts San Diego if you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging summer adventure!