Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego resident summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Campers can experience two unique camps in the beautiful Cuyamaca Mountains near Julian, CA (60 miles east of San Diego).
Under the supervision of the kitchen manager, the Head Cook is responsible for planning, preparing and serving nutritious, well balanced meals for all campers and staff.
- Oversee planning, preparation and serving of nutritious well-balanced meals; managing meal preparation tasks and times.
- Assist kitchen manager in training, supporting and coaching kitchen staff; serve as the lead when the kitchen manager is unavailable.
- Ensure awareness, sensitivity and diligence with camper and staff food allergies and special dietary needs.
- Assist with cleaning, food preparation and dishwashing, as assigned.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety of all food- service facilities, including kitchen, dining hall, and storage areas.
- Observe all safety precautions and adhere to all council and camp health and safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training during the summer.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current Food Handler’s certificate as required by local and/or state law (training and testing provided at camp).
- At least one year of training or experience in the food service industry, specializing in meal preparation and production preferred.
- At least one year of training or experience in supervision of staff, specializing in food service preferred.
- Training or experience in purchase and storage of food, and meal planning that meets nutritional needs of campers, and in food preparation.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification, or willingness to obtain certification before start date
- Must submit health history record prior to first day of work.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with campers, camp staff, and volunteers, and work well in a team environment.
- Access to reliable transportation for own transport to camp in Julian, CA.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions.
- Willingness to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scouts Movement and acceptance of the relevant and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting.
This full time seasonal position begins June 8, 2018 and ends August 19, 2018.