Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Campers can experience two unique camps in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA.
- Camp Winacka - A unique rustic camp that features traditional camp activities with specialty programs including swimming, equestrian and high adventure programs, environmental education and arts and crafts. Campers and staff sleep in open air cabins, platform tents or on cots under the stars.
- Camp Whispering Oaks - Features arts and crafts, a sport field, basketball court, challenge course, and astronomy programming. Campers and staff enjoy modern cabins with bunk beds and electricity.
Dishwashers are an integral part of the kitchen team and assist in maintaining high standards of kitchen cleanliness and sanitation by washing all dishes after each meal. Dishwashers also assist with preparation and serving of meals to campers and staff.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including washing all dishes and cleaning and maintaining kitchen and food preparation and storage areas.
- Help to prepare, plate and serve all camp meals as directed; assist in preparation of food as menu indicates, including washing, chopping and peeling.
- Assists in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside of the dining hall.
- Ensures awareness, and sensitivity and diligence of campers’ food allergies or special diets.
- Observe all safety precautions and ensure compliance with all council health and safety rules and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place! If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging adventure this summer, join us as a Resident Camp Counselor! Apply Today.
These seasonal positions begin June 16th and end August 18, 2018.