Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Winacka, located in beautiful Julian, CA is a unique rustic camp that features traditional camp activities with specialty programs including swimming, equestrian and high adventure programs, environmental education and arts and crafts. Campers and staff sleep in open air cabins, platform tents or on cots under the stars.
Under direct supervision, the Wrangler assists the equestrian director and horse program unit staff in leading a safe, fun horse program appropriate for ages and abilities of campers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of horse program activities incorporating teaching of horseback riding, grooming and other special skills; assist in the riding arena or on trails, and with feeding and care of horses
- Assist in other program areas and activities as assigned, including supervision of campers in activities such as arts & crafts;
- Assures campers are properly supervised at all times; be aware of and implement safety guidelines as outlined in Safety Activity Checkpoints, ACA and camp operational guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Attend camp staff meetings and training as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place! If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging adventure this summer, strive to be an inspiration, and want to have a positive impact on girls as they build a stronger sense of courage, confidence, and character, Apply Today!
This seasonal position begins June 14th and ends August 18, 2018.