Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Winacka, located in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA, is a rustic camp featuring, swimming, equestrian and high adventure programs, environmental education and arts and crafts. Traditional camp activities, along with specialist programs are what makes Camp Winacka unique. Campers and staff sleep in open air cabins, platform tents or on cots under the stars.
The Assistant Camp Director works collaboratively with the Camp Director to provide an effective resident summer camp program. Through coordination of program development and supervision of unit directors, the Assistant Director will help to ensure high quality and consistent programming and activities for campers, that align with appropriate GSUSA, council and ACA policies, standards and procedures and local, state and federal laws.
- Supervise unit director team to ensure consistent delivery of camper programs. Ensure appropriate opportunities for leadership growth in unit directors and staff.
- Supervise counselor-in-training (CIT) specialist team to ensure delivery of high quality teen leadership program with focus on progression.
- Oversee program and scheduling processes and operations, including but not limited to staff development, supply purchasing, and ensuring program objectives are met.
- Maintain and manage communication with parents regarding operation of camp buses and camper transportation, or any camper or camp issues in a professional, timely manner.
- In coordination with the Camp Director, create staff development plan for the summer with weekly emphasis points, including developing appropriate notebooks outlining job responsibilities
- Work with Program Director, CIT Directors and Unit Directors to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Complete end of camp season evaluations and summary recommendations for future camp operations.
- Contribute to the diversity emphasis of the council by ensuring that all materials, activities and programs are sensitive to and reflective of the interest, values and needs of persons of all racial/ethnic groups, cultures, religions and abilities.
- Ensure campers are properly supervised at all times; be aware of and implement safety guidelines and ensure compliance with all camp rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place! If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging adventure this summer, strive to be an inspiration, and want to have a positive impact on girls as they build a stronger sense of courage, confidence, and character, Apply Today!
This seasonal position starts June 8th and ends August 19, 2018.