Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Campers can experience two unique camps in the beautiful Cuyamaca Mountains near Julian, CA (60 miles east of San Diego).
- Camp Winacka - A traditional rustic camp with spectacular views. The camp features a pool, miles of hiking trails, green building including a new environmental center and two lakes. Campers choose from programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, in platform tents with bunk beds or on cots under the stars.
- Camp Whispering Oaks - Features a sports field and basketball court tucked amongst oak and pine trees, unique stargazing venues, abundant wildlife and a small, close-knit camp community. Campers choose from programs focusing on science and space, outdoor skills, sports, theater and the arts. Campers and staff sleep in fully enclosed indoor cabins with electricity and paved, lighted pathways winding through native manzanita, oak and pine.
Resident Camp Counselors play a vital role in creating an amazing and memorable summer camp experience. Camp Counselors guide the campers experience through direct supervision of all aspects of the campers’ day, including facilitating camp activities such as swimming, arts and crafts, archery, etc.
- Assist in the direction, supervision and organization of campers in their living unit, during activities, and at all times throughout the camp to provide an outstanding camper experience.
- Live with and provide care to campers around the clock. May be required to sleep in cabins with campers.
- Assume responsibility for a unit of campers and guide their experience through a girl/adult democratic planning process.
- Assist in planning, leading, executing and teaching of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
- Observe all safety precautions and ensure compliance with all council health and safety rules and procedures.
- Follow and enforce all camp rules, regulations, and council policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place! If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging adventure this summer, join us as a Resident Camp Counselor!
This seasonal position begins June 16, 2018, with training sessions for camp staff; Camp begins June 25th and ends August 18, 2018.