Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Winacka, located in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA, is a traditional rustic camp with spectacular views. The camp features a pool, miles of hiking trails, green building including a new environmental center and two lakes. Campers choose from programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, in platform tents with bunk beds or on cots under the stars.
Waterfront Counselors are responsible for all lifeguard duties including assisting in providing swimming and canoeing instruction, and implementing other fun waterfront activities. Waterfront Counselors also assist with general camp activities.
This seasonal position begins June 15th; Camp begins June 16th and ends August 18, 2018. Meals and lodging are provided.
- Supervise and guard all waterfront activities; provide surveillance during aquatic activities and provide rescues as needed.
- Assist in leading swimming and canoe program instruction
- Assist in swim tests and classify swimming abilities of camp staff and campers.
- Assist with waterfront responsibilities such as pool and related equipment maintenance, pool opening and closing, and maintaining accurate inventory of equipment.
- Ensure waterfront activity participants are properly supervised at all times; be aware of and implement safety guidelines in compliance with camp rules, policies and procedures.
- Observe all safety precautions and ensure compliance with all council health and safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate and assist with general camp activities
- Attend staff and in-service trainings and meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate
- Ability to obtain lifeguard certificate from the American Red Cross (We Offer Certification!)
- Current CPR and First Aid certification, or willingness to obtain certification before start date
- Able to submit health history record prior to first day of work
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with campers, camp staff, and volunteers, and work well in a team environment.
- Willingness to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scouts Movement and acceptance of the relevant and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting.
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer.
- Reliable transportation to and from camp.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Join Girl Scouts San Diego if you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging summer adventure!
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here