Every summer girls arrive at Girl Scouts San Diego summer camps excited for new adventures, fun, and making lifelong memories. Camp Whispering Oaks, located in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA, is a unique rustic camp that features arts and crafts, a sport field, basketball court, challenge course, and astronomy programming. Campers choose from programs focusing on science and space, outdoor skills, sports, theater and the arts. Campers and staff sleep in fully enclosed indoor cabins with electricity and paved, lighted pathways winding through native manzanita, oak and pine.
The Arts & Crafts Specialist plans, develops and delivers engaging arts and crafts activities that are safe, fun and age and abilities appropriate for campers.
- Develop and deliver arts and crafts activities using and teaching different art mediums, utilizing natural environment and resources wisely.
- Ensure campers and staff know and follow safety and educational procedures in craft area.
- Manage the care, use, and requisition of supplies and equipment during camp.
- Supervise opening and closing of the arts and crafts area daily and seasonally, maintains an accurate inventory of supplies and participates in end of season camp evaluation and reporting
- Develops art kits for use by cabins and for special events.
- Participates as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, and all other all-camp activities and functions.
- Contributes to the diversity emphasis of the council by ensuring that all materials, activities and programs are sensitive to and reflective of the interest, values and needs of persons of all racial/ethnic groups, cultures, religions and abilities.
- Attends staff and in-service training during the summer.
- Observes all safety precautions and complies with all council health and safety rules and policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place! If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging adventure this summer, join us!
Staff training for this seasonal position begins June 14, 2018; Camp begins June 25th and ends August 18, 2018.