Girl Scouts San Diego is looking for seasonal staff for our 2018 Resident Summer camps, located in the Cuyamaca Mountains near Julian, CA.
Every summer, girls arrive to summer camp excited for new experiences. Camp staff encourage them to be courageous, demonstrate compassion and leadership, and participate in energetic activities that build memories for a lifetime.
The Healthcare Supervisor is responsible for planning and administering a comprehensive program of health and safety for all campers and staff, in accordance with council, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards. This seasonal position will start on or about June 6 and end August 18, 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of health and wellness including basic first aid and response in emergencies, to meet the needs of campers and staff.
- Organize, maintain and utilize resources for serving the health and medical needs of campers and staff; including setting up and maintaining the health center and keeping an adequate inventory of medical supplies and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to GSUSA, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards. Complete and file necessary reports such as daily treatment logs, accident reports, health department records and other required reports; submits these to camp director in a timely manner.
- Make a physical check of campers upon their arrival at camp and review all health records; ensure camper and staff health histories and health exams are current and on file.
- Ensure camp staff orientation on health and safety procedures, precautions, medical services and procedures, clarifying all staff members’ role and responsibilities.
- Inform camp director, program directors, specialists and kitchen manager of any allergies, limitations or other pertinent camper or staff health information in a timely manner.
- Ensure healthcare staff coverage is available to staff and campers 24 hours a day in person or by walkie-talkie.
- Report all pertinent admissions to the health center to the camp director. Decides in consultation with camp director if a camper or staff member needs to go to the doctor, needs to be sent home or needs additional parent communication.
- Contribute to the diversity emphasis of the council by ensuring that all materials, activities, and programs are sensitive to and reflective of the interest, values and needs of persons of all racial/ethnic groups, cultures, religions and abilities.
- Adhere to all council policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, pre-camp and in-service training.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.